Spring Flower Fun Facts
April Showers Bring May Flowers
We all love spring flowers, the feel of the warm sun, green grass, and no more winter blues.
Here are a few of our favorite spring flower facts:
- In 17th century Holland, tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold. They symbolised immortality, life, and love.
- The flowers and leaves from Dandelions are a great source of vitamin A, C, calcium and potassium.
- Putting a penny in the bottom of a vase of tulips will help them stand straighter, its all in the copper.
- Tulips, Allium, Daffidils, and Hyacynths all continue to grow in water after they have been cut. If taken care of well, they will last a very long time.
- There are more than 700 different type of alliums in the world. Shallots, Onions, and Garlic are members of the allium family.
- Two thousand rose flowers are needed to produce one gram of rose oil.